Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 02/13/17 to 08/31/2017; with option to extend (3-6 months)
Description: Professional should meet the following requirements and skills:
- Web Content Editor with minimum of 3-5 years experience;
- Skill Sets Required:
- Excellent web content writing and editing experience
- Knowledge of web content best practices
- Eye for detail in text and graphic design;
- Skills with HTML, CSS, Java/Script, JQuery, etc.;
- Graphic design skills (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Content Management System (CMS) experience and familiarity with general web publishing workflows;
- Ability to make recommendations with regard to content or design;
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with contributors.
- Job Requirements:
- Create and enhance website content and design in Open Text (Red Dot) CMS. Experience with Open Text, building content class templates and workflow a plus. Supports information architecture for all web projects.
- Work with the Project Leads to review, edit, implement, and create new content and design while improving existing site content and design.
- Support complex web projects that have a high-profile impact and which may extend over long periods of time. Works with accessibility specialists, other web designers, editors, programmers, photographers, and digital media analysts to accomplish project requirements. Works with project manager to prepare project schedules and deliverables and makes recommendations for resource allocation within the section.
- Has an eye for design. Creates graphics for website (charts, info graphics, etc.). Provides input regarding page design and site branding (including changes to CSS standards.
- Develops knowledge of OCDO requirements. Conducts research on new applications and software alternatives. Keeps project team and manager informed of new web technologies and communication platforms. Analyzes requirements for web services and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Develops codes, and tests new web pages with appropriate graphics and integration with applications in accordance with established style principles, usability best practices, and Section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Collaborates with IT representatives to ensure internal websites are developed in accordance with IT network and security requirements.